Pages

Tuesday 17 August 2010

Introducing Our Parisa: Illustrator to the stars ...

We're very excited to introduce you to Parisa, a talented London-based illustrator, photographer and stylist. With some of today's top models hot on her tails, we were so pleased when she approached us to be on our Ethical Database.



© Parisa's Illustration for Antler

Drawn to the glossy, perfected pages of Vogue and inspired by her beautiful and stylish mum, Parisa began creating fashion illustrations from a young age. Over time, as her knowledge of the industry grew, her aesthetics sophisticated: "Now I am drawn to addressing my illustration work with a different fashion take as I see beyond the aesthetics and look at the issues around the world that fashion draws inspiration from."





© Parisa's Illustration for Antler

Moved by serious, sombre and often morbid global, political issues, her illustrations look to draw out the bright and beautiful aspects from the dark and sinister, "...giving darkness a bright beautiful colour."


© Parisa's Illustration for Antler

Her illustrations (and go-get'em attitude!) have also caught the attention of top models: "I often use models of the moment as the characters within my workand so request their friendship on Facebook so that I can send them my pieces. Coco Rocha created an album named 'talented painters' in which she added a piece of my work to and we spoke over email. I thanked her ... and she gave me some very kind words in return. As did Karlie Kloss." 


© Parisa's Photography

Parisa is also a beautiful photographer. An adoration of people-watching has developed her natural abilities behind the camera, "from the woman riding her bike on the streets of Paris with pink tights and high heels to the Old lady sat in the cafe dressed up to the nines, eating scone and tea". 


© Parisa's Photography

She is a true patriot "I am inspired also by my country, I love British-isms such as the mod scene and Biba, cups of tea and fish and chips", and this shines through in the styling and retro-feel of her photographic pieces.

Parisa has produced illustrations for ethical magazines, and is passionate about continuing in the same vein and supporting ethical causes.


You can get in touch with Parisa via the Offset Warehouse Ethical Database.

Access ethical freelancers from all sorts of creative disciplines for free, by visiting Offset Warehouse's Ethical Database, and fully realise your creative visions.

No comments:

Post a Comment