Pages

Monday 2 March 2015

Hi I’m Ryan Kirk. I’m studying Honours in BSc...





Hi I’m Ryan Kirk. I’m studying Honours in BSc Fashion Technology (Year 4) at Heriot-Watt University, in Galashiels, Scotland


The topic that I am looking at within my final year project is Environmental Sustainability and some of the issues related to fashion and the damage to the environment. I am combining a few different issues together within my collection and are primarily based around the fabrics.


One of the methods that are in my project is the use of natural fabrics so that they can help landfill issues. Natural fabrics typically biodegrade much quicker than man-made fibres like polyester. The other route is the use of waste materials within a fashion collection. The one I have chosen to use is another method where I have managed to create my own fabric using plastic ‘shaving’ scraps from a plastic manufacturer. The aim for the use of waste items is to prevent them going to landfill.


The design I am submitting is the first outfit from my final year collection. This is a full co-ordinating outfit using the Black and White Banana fabric. The jacket is fitted with shaped hem and side pockets, and the sleeves are hanging (more like a cape effect). The trousers are high-waisted straight leg. I am also using the banana fabric within another full co-ordinated outfit. If you love fabrics like we do, then sign up for monthly updates!




http://ift.tt/1vRJ3uA

No comments:

Post a Comment